Information you provide to us
We collect the information from you as detailed below:
- To access certain areas of our website, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name, address, e-mail address, and mobile number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Vivienne Diamant to provide you with the services you select;
- When you purchase products online, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you visit a Vivienne Diamant website or contact the Vivienne Diamant advisors by telephone. Please note that phone calls will on occasion be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with Vivienne Diamant via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our website, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below; and
- We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location services” below.
How we use information
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our website and services secure; and
- Understand how our website is used so that we can continuously improve our website and services and other offerings.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the websites.
The website use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our website, and we use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the website and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the websites and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioural ads. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our website, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.